WIRED TO PROSPER(4)- IN PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

So, you have your seed in your hand, faithfully ready to embark on that journey. You wonder why you do certain things that you do, the drive, the passion and the things you desire. Let me explore some things I found out:

A. Everyone is going somewhere, and most likely everyone want the fastest route.
In Phil 3:13-14
We saw what drove Paul, and we ought to ask that question what drives you or I?
1. What pursues you, will drive your pursuits. Let's look at them:

a. Your fears
Fears from our past, childhood, experiences of upbringing, our expectations. Fear of being poor. Fear of death, failure etc. Fear can motivate or destroy . Job said 'The thing I feared most has come upon me'. Job 3:24-26
“For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters. For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.”
Job 3:24-26 KJV

b. Your faults-
Your personal weaknesses or limitations can drive you.
Very early in our life, something might either be mentioned to us or somehow we learnt of them. We might have been told we are not smart or fast or beautiful or calm enough. And as we grow up, we drive our pursuits to counter these faults, wanting to perfect our imperfections.
Some other times, we run away from our faults. Example is Mephibosheth in 2 Sam 9. David wanted to help him, but he had assumed or been brought up to believe David was an enemy and ore importantly that he could not make it as he was lame.

c. Your mistakes. 
Our past sins, past mistakes and failures in the past or in our life pursue us or overtake us, so we run fast. Even though God had forgiven us, we have not forgiven ourselves. In Gen 3:9. After the fall, God asked Adam-Where are you? Adam was hiding, and running. Cain in Gen 4 was another example. He had said to God that he would run all his life for his sin, and that he would be subject to persecutions by everyone. He was ready to run. His conscience was running after him.

The above are behind you and are running after you. And they can overtake and destroy your seed if you are not careful.


to be continued in part 5.(what we pursue)

Comments

  1. Our mistakes, our fears and our faults....hmmmm
    All well said sir
    Am really enjoying this blog, it's an eye opener, mind blowing, educating, it's empowering and inspiring
    More knowledge and wisdom daddy ,

    "I am wired to prosper and blessed for life"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR TITHE, YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE: an open letter to the CHRISTIAN

KORAN: IS THE PASTOR, SILLY

Love Letter from PTA(5)...Expressions from MuyiwaRiversong