Destiny-Destiny-An understanding of its divine essence 1

Destiny-An understanding of its divine essence

Destiny

This month is the month I experience a destiny fulfilled! I shared this and I want to teach the essence of its divine accomplishment. I intend to run the series in my messages starting this Sunday till I finish by Gods grace. 

Why teach this subject?
I am teaching this subject to give an understanding of the depth and the breath of how important this topic is in our Christian life. From a good understanding of the Bible, it's clear to see that a xtian remains ordinary if he/she does not understand his/her purpose in life. Such a xtian begins to drift and easily get frustrated. 

A clear understanding of one's destiny assists greatly in mapping out plans in fulfilling destiny without much time wasting. 
Against this background: 

What then is 'Destiny'?
At the last midweek service, I encouraged through an interactive session a devise of definition between 'destiny and divine destiny.
Basically, the non biblical definition is;
  1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune. 
  2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events. 
  3. the power or agency that determines the course of events.
For the non xtian; these definitions meet their satisfaction but do not really mean anything to someone who does not believe in God or find it difficult to allude their future to any power unseen. The atheist would simply feel, there is nothing as destiny and things just happen i.e ' serendipity '
However for a xtian the definition becomes relevant if we define it against the background of its divine nature ie from God. 
A cause of events coming together to fulfil Gods plan for our future or life. Rm 8:28 and Jer 1:4-5.
I particularly love Jer1:5 because it gives an idea of how God casts our destinies and the elements we need to look at and watch out for to know we are in The plan of God. 
Why was I born 
For what purpose 
To what end
What should I do and why
Why does it end well for some and bad for others
Why does God allow some things to happen or not happen
Etc
What are these elements:
Jer 1:4-5
“Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.””
I want you to concentrate on five key words:
1. Word of God came to me
2. Formed you
3. Knew you
4.Sanctified you
5. Ordained you

I believe largely, these key words in our life determine how much we are in God's plan and how our destinies will pan out. 

NB: In the second part of this series I will look at each key word in detail and explain how important they are in identifying our path to a destined end. 
Blessings. Amen

Tayo Arowojolu is the Pastor of New Covenant Church Edmonton and Conference Pastor over the following NCC churches: Purfleet, Milton Keynes, Cheshunt, French Church; Dundalk Ireland; Edmonton and Park Royal.
You can also visit our website www.nccedmonton.org.uk
And or attend our church service on 13th ; 20th and 27th September when I will teach fully on this subject. 
NCC Edmonton
65 Church Street
Edmonton
London
N9 9PE
Time:10:30am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR TITHE, YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE: an open letter to the CHRISTIAN

KORAN: IS THE PASTOR, SILLY

Love Letter from PTA(5)...Expressions from MuyiwaRiversong