Skip to main content

DEATH WORTH DYING FOR(2) Love letter from PTA(6)


Dear Friend
Greetings to you all during this Easter celebration. 
Yes, there are deaths that are worth dying for...? True. For example, we know that today according to historical and biblical narrations, Christ was physically dead, we know he was at this time conquering death itself in the tomb.Phil 2:7-11;1Peter3:18-19. Jesus death is therefore what dying for. Stephen, James, Paul, and Peter, and  all who through history followed that enviable pattern of deaths make some deaths worth dying for.
In our times we have some deaths that are beyond martyrdom, that are worth dying for. Check out these links and you will be amazed how many are still on course to die the death:
They are all deaths that showed beyond belief that some people died and are persecuted for their Christian beliefs.
These are indeed trying times, but Jesus said to us:
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3 KJV)

So, whether you have lost a loved one or a church member, young or old, no death is 'good death', but certainly every Christian death is worth celebrating. These words uttered by our Lord indeed are so comforting. In the last 2 weeks I have had to pray or share a word of encouragement at a funeral and 2 services of songs. I now see why the Bible says it is better to go to a funeral parlor than a feasting party. Simply, the lessons learnt cannot be overstated. See Eccl 7:2.
I think Jesus was teaching His disciples and us many lessons in John 14:1-3:
1. He is teaching us to think about death... Psalm 90:12...teach us to number our days. He is saying have a reflection on death and get your house daily in order. Like writing a Will and taking out a life insurance, and ensuring that what you ought to do is done. You don't want a big fight or misery after you have gone.
2. He is also teaching us that death makes us to make time count. Ecc 3:1. Do what you have to do now, don't postpone it till tomorrow, what can be done today. It may be too late. Every hour count. 
3. Jesus is teaching us about values. What are your values, what are you known for. How do you want to be remembered. What is your legacy.
4. He is teaching us about significance of relationships...cherish every moment you have with people that you make contact with. Say 'I love you', 'You are beautiful', 'I am grateful', 'Thank you' as many times as you have opportunity. You never know. I'd rather you say these things to me now, when I can appreciate them, than say them after my passing. True word. They make more meaning to me. Also don't take your loved ones for granted.
5. Jesus is teaching that death a necessary end will come when it will come. So, be prepared to come face to face with Him. Amos 4:2;
Heb 9:27; Romans 6:23. Rev 20:11-12;15. Are you ready? Have you given your life? Are you able to say: I have fought the good fight? I have won the race? 2 Timothy 4:7, 8 KJV 

6. Above all, don't be afraid. Death cannot sting twice.1Cor 15:55;57. I read about a story of a man who took his two children out in the field. One of the sons was stung by a bee, and the other was very afraid that the bee would come back and sting him. The father assured him that the bee has stung once and cant sting again. Death has no power over you anymore. Its bite is lost. Today, we celebrate that Christ has taken that bullet for us, and tomorrow He is Risen, so that we wont die again. Halleluyah!
He is Risen, and we are Joyful and I can boldly say: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35-39 KJV)
Happy Easter folks.Go to church this Sunday and celebrate Him, and take a friend.
PTA 
NB: Sign in to this blog and receive these inspiring messages regularly. Comments are always useful. We have over 3,900 page viewers already.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR TITHE, YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE: an open letter to the CHRISTIAN

KORAN: IS THE PASTOR, SILLY

Love Letter from PTA(5)...Expressions from MuyiwaRiversong